Nab) Larry is shocked when Bethany reveals that Charlotte will pay for her surgery. What will he do next

The Truth About the Surgery
The Truth About the Surgery
INT. LARRY & BETHANY'S LIVING ROOM – EVENING
The living room is silent. Bethany sits on the couch holding her medical papers while Larry slowly walks toward her. He notices the worried expression on her face and quietly sits down opposite her.
LARRY
Bethany... I've been thinking about everything.

You keep talking about this surgery.

Tell me one thing...
Who is going to pay for your surgery?
Bethany lowers her eyes for a moment before taking a deep breath.
BETHANY
Charlotte.

She's going to pay for my surgery.
Larry freezes. His eyes widen with complete shock. He cannot believe what he has just heard.
LARRY
Charlotte?

Did you just say Charlotte?
BETHANY
Yes.

She offered to help me.

She said I shouldn't worry about the money.
Larry immediately stands up and starts pacing around the room. His frustration is growing with every step.
LARRY
I can't believe this.

Why would Charlotte pay for your surgery?

This doesn't make any sense.
BETHANY
She's my friend.

She only wants to help me.
LARRY
No.

People don't spend this much money without a reason.

Something is wrong.
Bethany crosses her arms while Larry grows even more suspicious.
BETHANY
You're overthinking everything.

Charlotte is simply helping me.
LARRY
First she encouraged this surgery.

Now she's paying for it.

I need answers.
Larry grabs his car keys and heads toward the front door.
BETHANY
Larry... where are you going?
LARRY
I'm going to Charlotte's house.

We're going to have a serious conversation.
EXT. CHARLOTTE'S HOUSE – NIGHT
Larry arrives outside Charlotte's home and knocks firmly on the front door. Charlotte opens the door and immediately notices the anger on his face.
CHARLOTTE
Larry?

What are you doing here?
LARRY
Bethany told me you're paying for her surgery.

Is that true?
CHARLOTTE
Yes.

I offered to help because she's my friend.
LARRY
Why?

Why would you do something like this?
CHARLOTTE
Because she needs support.

The decision is hers.
LARRY
You're making it easier for her to go through with something she may regret.
CHARLOTTE
No, Larry.

I'm simply helping her make her own choice.
A long silence follows. Neither of them is willing to back down.
INT. BETHANY'S HOUSE – LATER THAT NIGHT
Larry returns home. Bethany quickly walks over to him, waiting for an answer.
BETHANY
Did you talk to Charlotte?
LARRY
Yes.

She refused to change her mind.

She's still going to pay for your surgery.
BETHANY
I told you.

She only wants to help me.
LARRY
I'm not trying to control your life.

I'm just afraid you'll make a decision you'll regret forever.
BETHANY
I understand your concern.

But this is still my decision.
LARRY
Promise me one thing.

Before you have the surgery, talk to your doctors again.

Make absolutely sure this is what you truly want.
BETHANY
I promise.

I'll think carefully before making my final decision.
⭐ Their disagreement isn't over, but for the first time they begin listening to each other instead of arguing.
TO BE CONTINUED...

Post a Comment

0 Comments