Ernestine Slaps Johnson After
Catching Him Staring at Amber
I. The Grand Entrance
Soft golden lights glow across the elegant lobby. Guests mingle while gentle music fills the air. Everyone turns toward the entrance as the glass doors slowly open.
Amber and Ernestine walk inside together. Amber wears a stunning evening dress that instantly catches everyone's attention, walking with confidence, unaware that nearly every eye in the room has shifted toward her. Beside her, Ernestine proudly smiles, believing the evening will be peaceful.
II. Johnson Freezes
Across the lobby, Johnson is chatting with a few friends. He casually looks toward the entrance. The moment he sees Amber, he freezes. His conversation suddenly stops. His eyes remain locked on her, and a smile slowly spreads across his face.
Johnson"Wow... I've never seen Amber look this beautiful before."
His friends notice he has completely lost focus. One of them laughs.
Friend"Johnson... you haven't blinked in almost a minute."
Johnson barely hears him. Amber politely smiles at a few guests, unaware he has been staring the entire time.
Johnson (whispering to himself)"She looks absolutely incredible. I can't stop looking at her."
III. Ernestine Notices
Across the room, Ernestine notices Johnson. At first, she ignores him. But then she realizes something — he isn't simply looking, he's staring. His eyes never leave Amber. Her smile slowly disappears; her expression turns cold.
Ernestine (thinking)"What is he doing? Why is he looking at Amber like that?"
Her patience begins running out. Amber continues walking, completely unaware of the tension building behind her. Johnson takes a few slow steps forward, still unable to look away. Ernestine finally reaches her limit and walks toward him, the music seeming to fade as guests notice her determined expression.
IV. The Slap
Johnson finally realizes Ernestine is standing directly in front of him. Before he can speak—
The loud slap echoes throughout the entire lobby. The room falls completely silent. Every guest turns toward them. Johnson slowly places his hand on his cheek, his face filled with shock.
Johnson"Ernestine! What was that for?"
Ernestine stares directly into his eyes. Her voice is calm, but filled with anger.
Ernestine"Don't pretend you don't know. I saw exactly how you were looking at Amber."
V. The Confrontation
Johnson"I wasn't doing anything wrong. I was only looking."
Ernestine"Looking? You call that looking? You couldn't take your eyes off her."
Several guests quietly whisper among themselves. The entire lobby becomes uncomfortably quiet. Amber finally turns around after hearing the argument, looking confused.
Amber"What's going on?"
Johnson immediately tries to explain.
Johnson"Amber... I promise this isn't what it looks like."
Before he can finish, Ernestine interrupts him.
Ernestine"Enough. You've embarrassed yourself already."
VI. Amber Steps In
Johnson sighs deeply.
Johnson"I only thought she looked nice. That's all."
Ernestine"There's a difference between giving someone a compliment and staring at them like you forgot everyone else exists."
Johnson lowers his eyes, realizing everyone is watching him. The embarrassment sinks in. Amber steps between them.
Amber"Please... let's calm down. I don't want anyone fighting because of me."
Ernestine softens slightly, though her anger toward Johnson remains.
Ernestine"I'm not blaming you, Amber. You did nothing wrong — but he crossed the line."
Johnson raises both hands.
Johnson"I admit I stared. But I wasn't trying to disrespect anyone."
One of the older guests quietly remarks to another.
Guest"This situation could have been avoided if he had shown a little self-control."
VII. A Quiet Apology
Amber gently places a hand on Ernestine's shoulder.
Amber"Please don't let this ruin the evening."
Ernestine takes a deep breath and slowly calms herself. After several silent moments, she looks directly at Johnson one last time.
Ernestine"Listen carefully. Amber deserves respect. If you admire someone, act with dignity. Don't make them uncomfortable, and don't ever give anyone a reason to question your intentions."
Johnson quietly nods.
Johnson"You're right. I should've been more respectful. I honestly didn't realize how obvious I was being."
Ernestine studies his face. For the first time, she believes he might actually mean it.
VIII. The Evening Resumes
Amber"Then let's move forward. We're all here to enjoy tonight."
Johnson"I'm sorry, Amber. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."
Amber"I appreciate the apology. But remember, respect always matters."
The tension in the room slowly disappears. Guests return to their conversations, the music starts playing again, and a waiter walks past carrying drinks as the elegant atmosphere returns.
Ernestine"You okay?"
Amber"I'm fine. And thank you for standing up for me."
Ernestine"Always."
Johnson quietly watches them from a distance. This time, he doesn't stare. Instead, he lowers his eyes, reflecting on what happened — realizing that admiration without respect can easily be misunderstood. Sometimes, a single careless moment is enough to create unnecessary conflict.
As Amber and Ernestine walk deeper into the ballroom together, Johnson remains behind, silently promising himself to be more mindful in the future.

0 Comments