Khum) Brooke entered college seeking herself, but unexpected attention forced her to choose who controls her future.

Part Two: A New Face

Part Two: A New Face

1. Brooke’s First Day of College

The first day of college was completely new for Brooke. New buildings, new faces, new classes, and people she had never seen before. Larry had dropped her off at the gate, but before leaving, he had said only one thing:

“Brooke, you don’t have to prove anything to anyone. Just don’t waste this opportunity you have.”

Brooke nodded and headed toward her classroom.

When she arrived, the professor began asking the new students to introduce themselves. One by one, each student stood up, shared their name, and said a few words about themselves.

When it was Brooke’s turn, she stood.

“My name is Brooke. I’m new here.”

That was all she said before sitting back down. She never liked giving long introductions.

2. Aiden Notices Brooke

At the other end of the classroom, a boy was quietly watching her. His name was Aiden.

He was tall, confident, and appeared to be quite polite. His clothes were simple but stylish, his manner of speaking was calm, and his personality naturally attracted attention in the classroom.

Brooke noticed that he looked in her direction several times. At first, she ignored him.

Then, when he got the chance, Aiden asked,

“Is this your first time here?”

Brooke gave him a brief answer.

“Yes.”

“What’s your major?”

“I haven’t decided yet.”

“Oh. I’m Aiden.”

“I know.”

Aiden smiled.

“So you were listening to me.”

Brooke looked at him carefully for the first time.

“Only during the introductions.”

She answered and opened her book. Aiden understood that Brooke wanted to end the conversation, so he didn’t push her any further.

But over the next few days, Brooke noticed that Aiden kept finding small reasons to talk to her. Sometimes it was about class notes, sometimes about an assignment, and sometimes he would simply ask, “Did you understand today’s lecture?”

Brooke knew it wasn’t just a coincidence. She could tell that Aiden was interested in her.

3. Brooke Isn’t Ready

Perhaps at another time, under different circumstances, Brooke wouldn’t have minded the attention. But not now.

Her mind was still confused. She was carrying old relationships, old hopes, and far too many unanswered questions.

She wasn’t ready to make room for someone new in her life.

One day after class, Aiden said,

“If you want, I can show you around campus. You’re new here, so maybe it would help.”

Brooke looked at him for a few moments. His manner was genuinely respectful. There was nothing rude or inappropriate about his offer.

But Brooke quietly replied,

“Thanks, but I’ll look around myself.”

“Okay. No problem,” Aiden replied.

He walked away. Brooke watched him leave and quietly said to herself,

“I’m just not ready for any of this yet.”

4. Larry Reminds Brooke Who Decides

That evening, Larry called her.

“How was college today?”

“It was okay.”

“Just okay?”

Brooke smiled slightly.

“There’s a guy in my class.”

Larry was silent for a moment.

“What happened?”

“Nothing. He just keeps trying to talk to me.”

“And you?”

“I’ve been avoiding him.”

Instead of immediately telling her what to do, Larry asked,

“Why?”

Brooke thought for a moment before answering.

“Because I don’t want to think about anyone new right now.”

Larry’s voice became softer.

“Then don’t. You don’t owe anyone an answer.”

Brooke liked hearing that. For once, Larry wasn’t telling her what she should do. He was simply reminding her that the decision belonged to her.

5. Brooke Writes Her Own Next Chapter

The next day, Aiden spoke to Brooke again.

“If I’m making you uncomfortable, just tell me. I don’t want to bother you.”

Brooke remained silent for a moment.

“No, you haven’t done anything wrong. It’s just… I’m going through a lot right now.”

Aiden responded understandingly,

“I understand. There’s no rush.”

He walked away. Brooke watched him for a while. She was surprised that Aiden hadn’t taken her rejection personally.

Even so, she still didn’t feel ready to make room for someone new in her heart. And maybe that was for the best.

Brooke wasn’t looking for a new relationship. She was on a journey to find herself again.

She still had to learn that just because someone leaves your life doesn’t mean your life has to stop.

Perhaps, in the days ahead, she would also discover that life sometimes brings new people into your path when you are least prepared for them.

But this time, Brooke would make the decision.

Not Larry. Not Isaiah. Not Aiden.

Brooke alone would write the next chapter of her life.

Post a Comment

0 Comments